Thread: Body Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well,I paint the letters on my tires AND I have LEDs on it...no chrome tho' I do have lots of carbon fiber... I guess not everyone was born with the impeccable taste that you all exhibit. Hey,I was just passing on some info that I thought was interesting. $300+ for a full set of fairings doesn't sound that bad to me. BTW I didn't have to modify my set too much,shit I had to work on the CF front fender I got from Suzuki a lot more to get it to line up right. To buy new factory plastics and have them decaled and painted to match any of these kits would cost well over $2000. Heck,some body shops here wanted almost $500 just to paint my tank to match in solid white. Oh well,to each his/her own.
From what I have witnessed - $300 is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. They SHATTER upon slight bump to anything (one person I know had that happen when a car door hit it in a parking lot).

So, it's alright if you want to change the look of your bike from time to time to time. Of course, with the ill fitting mis-aligned holes it might take you the same amount of time to paint what you have. But, hey... was it taste you were questioning?

I'm one that believes unless you actually earned the sponsorship, you shouldn't be a rolling billboard. FWIW - your body shop quote is WAY overpriced. But then, you know that.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote