View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #23
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I can't imagine keeping that thing hooked up.
My Dakota gets squirrely enough with the 4.7 V8 and it was BUILT for that.
Sucks major ass when the roads are even kinda slick.
Another buddy of mine had that V8 Dodge Dakota (96 I believe). It was pretty sweat. He then got a 92 V8 S10 that had I think that 350HO motor in it with some tweaks. Estimated around 350hp. At Atlanta dragway which is about the shittiest hooking up track in the world he ran low 14s. That was with his carbs starving for fuel towards the end. Plus a 100hp Subaru can't hook up at that POS track. We got some a new SpeedDemon 690 that was beautiful and money. Probably would have ran high 13s if the carbs worked right but it was sold before we ran it again. I'm guessing we would have gotten high 13s at any other track with the fuel starvation and mid 13s with proper fuel. He sold it for a dirtbike and a couple of ATVs for his kids.

Couple of pics...

Here is some video of various races. Check out that V8 S10 running high 9s. From what I remember it was streetable (Every car had to be in this event) except a fuel cell at the very back. Suspension work but said he daily drove it. Oh yeah. Check out what happens when you let women drive cars. Plus check out what would happen if men did not worry about women. Super fast but ugly ass cars...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKVWU_cJBs