Thread: Suddenly...
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I was full throttle into the wind today at a whopping 90 mph. My ZX-10R would do that in 1st gear. Do I miss the power? Not for a second.
Eh, I do miss the horsepower, which is why I'll probably keep the SV1000S in addition to the WR. Off-road and in the tighter twisties the WR is fine, but you have to plan well in advance if you intend to overtake another vehicle anywhere above 50 mph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you are more comfortable in paved corners with knobbies, you were doing something wrong on the sportbike. LOL!
First off, I was never terribly fast aboard a sportbike to begin with, and second, I said almost. The tight hairpins climbing the previously pictured Horn Mountain, for example? The WR flies. Light weight, wide bars, and I'm way more comfortable kicking out its ass end than that of a 450+ pound sportbike. If this was the X version with street tires, I'd outrun myself aboard the SV for sure.

Fast sweepers that get the Yamaha's long-travel suspension wallowing like a two-wheeled water bed, however? Definitely faster and more confident aboard the sportbike.

Last edited by Triple; 05-01-2011 at 11:08 PM..
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote