View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #65
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD View Post
I don't know about other trackdays, but for us the no-passing on the inside rule starts at the tip in point.

We have even gone further and say now that the no passing area is from tip in point to the apex (or the point where both bikes begin standing up their bikes). So setting up an early exit pass can happen too.
So you guys allow passing on either side except for tip-in to apex? I didn't know that. It makes sense to me and jives with what I said above.

And about the incident I described, in more detail... especially on a smaller/tighter track, if you pass on the outside you are going to open yourself up to that possibility almost no matter how you pass them. Eric (I'm sure you know him) was not set up on the guys tail, the slower rider just happened to crash at the wrong moment as his initiated his move. This was going up turn 4, so it was a somewhat odd place for the slower rider to tuck the front in the first place. Like you described, just a track incident that can happen regardless of the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Screw it, you guys should have a slap people on the ass rule before you can pass them.
I have done this to friends...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote