Thread: Bad Bike Day
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R
Default Bad Bike Day

So I jumped on my bike and rode it up to the gym to lift today and it ran perfect for the short 2 mile trip. After I got done I go out to ride home and sure enough the thing wont start. I went over all the basic stuff, checked the choke was on (tried it on and off), made sure it was in neutral (also tried in first with the clutch pulled and neutral with clutch pulled), flipped the kill switch a few times and still nothing. The starter seems to work but the engine wont turn over. So i end up walking home since I couldnt get a hold of someone to give me a ride. I drive back up there and try it again in case I had flooded it and still nothing. To top it off no one had a truck I could use to get it home so I called the tow company figuring its only a bike and its only 2 miles, plus my insurance should reimburse me for it. They bring a full size car flatbed and ended up charging me $135 to put it on the flatbed, only tie it down with 2 straps, and then tow it 2 miles. Needless to say, we are waiting for a call back from the tow company's owner about the ridiculous charge. Not real happy with my bike right now. $135 spent and it still doesnt start and Ill probably have to pay a dealer to come get it and fix it since I dont have a truck or trailer, plus whatever it costs to fix it.

JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote