Thread: Oh, Ladies?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #36
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i started out riding on a YSR50. i thought i was 'the shit' buzzing around town on this glorified pocket rocket. after about a year on that i finally moved up to a ninja 250. owned that for a few years before selling it to go to art school. fast forward a few years and 2 kids later...time to ride again. so i buy another ninja 250 and keep that for 2 years before i even consider my worthy of something bigger. i eventually worked up to the 636 i own today, and lemme tell ya i was terrified to pick it up from the dealer. i was sure it was gonna be too tall/fast for me. i have managed fine on it. never dropped it or anything. but i am still incredibly intimidated by it.

i do know when a bike is just to much for me to handle though. i acquired a harley 'street rod' a few years ago and loved that thing to death. however, it's seat height was much taller than the other v-rods and too much for my short stature. that and it's massive weight convinced me to downsize to the much more rider-friendly nightster. i must say that i never experience anxiety on that bike when i ride it, even though i do on the sportbike. perhaps it's the laid-back riding style. i feel more in control than crouching over the tank. it is an issue i still deal with today.

i must also admit that i don't really care for riding with other people, even though i desire to do so. i want the company, but i always feel like people are critiquing my riding or that i am pressured to ride outside my comfort zone. definately on the 636. harley rides usually go a slower pace so that is a bit less stressful for me. but i always worry about what others think. i want to be a good rider. i just don't know if i actually am. i also don't ride all that often. most times i feel dumb even being a member here, like i don't belong because my bike is an '04 with probably less than 4000 miles on it. i feel like i am a poser or something.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25

Last edited by itgirl; 08-15-2010 at 04:19 PM..
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote