Thread: Rc51 or 'busa
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
My advice would be to go with the RC, but then again I'm biased. I have an RC in the garage and about 50% of an RC worth of parts in the spare room.

For a 20min round trip commute, you're not gonna have a probably with the RCs stock ergos. Once (if) you start with the mods, those ergos could turn against you i.e. raised rear height/lowered front. But if the bike you pick up is stock, then your biggest obstacle is gonna be the seat. But like I said, if it's only 10 min to work, you're not gonna notice it. However, be warned, the RC has side mount radiators and it does not like going slow, first the mufflers (which are under your ass) will get hot, then the frame (the rear cylinder is between your knees right under the fuel tank and pointed at your testicles) and finally the frame and radiators. If your commute even has close to moderate traffic then she'll start to get hot, but she'll cool right down once you get into more open air. You're gonna need to slip the clutch until at least 15 mph (I've gotta slip mine 'til about 20-25). Aside from all that, the RC is a blast. I love it and will never badmouth it (wasn't badmouthing, just stating truth).

I can't speak for the Suzuki, but the RC gives me a chubby.

What do you want more two big jugs or 4 small(ish) ones?
That paragraph describing the heat sounds exactly like the heat of a Buell.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote