Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #13
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.
With only 20 people I suppose it isn't so bad. But whatta I know I got my prov nov cert and hit the track the next day running 2 practices and sprints in teh "meat grinder classes" (middleweights) with 2 wave starts and 40 bikes. I didn't track day until much later (5 years I think) and then it was in race group.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote