Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #527
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
If you can find a brand new S&W 5906 for $275 that I paid for this one then let me know. I don't mind used. I did have to get over the fact that I didnt get to see it/feel it before buying but that's how it goes.

Eh...I live dangerously. I hit the handicap button and I'm not even handicap.

I did clean it and I guess they just clean the upper half and let the bottom half collect the filth. LOL I didnt feel like wasting all my gun blast so I got under the sink with a brush and went to town on everything. Even though it was gunked up good, NOTHING made it seem like it was dirty. Nothing stuck, the trigger was crisp smooth, no stuck firing pin, or gritty upper action.

I do how ever have to replace two tiny tiny springs that give tension to these three finger things. Both were snapped but the pieces were stacked so I didn't know until I used a pick to get them out. Sadly I dropped one and forgot I left the other one on the gun mat and moved it around. O well. The good thing is the springs are super thin and not even strong enough to operate a ball point pen so they should be easy to replace with something from the hardware store or cutting down a pen's spring. Before anyone says, "OMG that's dangerous" I'm telling you these things are so weak, an eye glance bent one of them.
We didn't criticize because it was used. You can get some really good deals out there for used firearms (hell, my P229 I bought used).

.... that being said, when I bought my used SIG, I took it home, downloaded a manual and took it apart and cleaned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
No. 13 are the two springs I need.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0...detail/5906-R1

Looks like I found a new barrel. Nice.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/992...43-5946-super9
drop in?
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote