View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #45
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I think this pretty much summarizes the source of your argument; your reasoning is more emotional than logical/rational. You have personal experience with how a disappearing father and his lack of financial support can stress a family.

It sounds to me, however, that your dad left well after you (and your siblings?) were not only born, but teenagers. The argument in question asks if fathers-TO-BE have the right to financially abort themselves from children who have yet to be born. To which I say, "absolutely."

Like Trip said, the mother faces medical "consequences" whether she aborts the fetus or carries it to term. Until we develop the time travel necessary to simply "undo" the conception, these risks will exist either way.
You can think that if you like, and I provided the information by way of full disclosure, but I think that it allows me to see the situation more rationally from both sides. Believe me; I tend to evaluate my opinions quite carefully, to know whether or not they are unduly influenced by emotion. That is why I even thought to make that disclosure.

From my side of it, it looks like many people here have an opinion that's based on selfishness, rather than coming to a rational conclusion.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote