View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
If a guy comes up to me and asks my advice on what is a good starter bike and has zero experience. I ask him what he wants and then try to bring him down a notch or two if necessary/possible. I encourage him to take classes and if I know him,I offer to help him learn the ropes. What I don't do is stand over him and tell him that all his "EXCUSES" for wanting that bike are STUPID AND WRONG!!! Who the fuck am I to tell a GROWN MAN/WOMAN what they can spend their hard earned money on? Or what they can or can't handle?
I agree tig... but when someone ASKS you what they should start on... and you say a 250 or 500 then they say... "aww... but I was leaning towards the 1000" it gets fuck'n annoying... or the "well I'm mature for my age" or "I know myself... I'll get tired of it'' to me those are completely BS and retarded answers... and it's hard for me not to say so.

in reality no... I have no say in what he/she spends their money on... but if you don't want my advice don't ask. if you just want someone to support your preconceived choice... stand in front of a fuck'n mirror and ask away!

in the end... that's the only one who really cares anyhow.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote