View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Trip: Buy a BMW GS, they do everything.

azoom: He doesn't need a GS, Trip but he should definitely buy a BMW. I have ridden every BMW ever made and it is the only bike that anyone should buy, ever.

Troy: I loved my BMW motorcycle. Now I have 17 BMW cars.

G-Rex: I've ridden to all 56 states and 9 other continents. My BMW is the best bike ever.
This made me laugh. Well done!

I'll give you a bit of info based on my knowledge of the Busa, which spans 9 years and 72,000 miles.

1) The brakes work well enough. They should be better for the caliber of bike they are on. Pads and stainless lines would be a good upgrade, especially once you add 75 or 80 pounds for touring gear.

2) Givi would be a good bag. Stay away from Corbin's Beetle bags, they are useless. Not much storage and a small opening. Waste of money.

3) My Busa has no changes to the ergonomics (stock seat, stock clip-ons, stock footpegs) and the bike is comfortable enough for me to log 1000 mile days.

4) Mine has been 99.9% flawless in the maintenance department. I've had to give it one battery, tires, chain/sprockets, oil changes, and fuel. The ONLY non-regular maintenance item to fail on the bike so far has been the right side fork seal, and that gave out at 65,000 miles. Not bad if you ask me.

I love mine. I have zero complaints with it. It's an amazing motorcycle in many ways. If you want to know anything else hit me up.

Last edited by G-Rex; 07-20-2012 at 04:32 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote