View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Z06. It is only a few hundred lbs heavier and has a few hundred more horsepower. Ultimately for me though it comes down to the experience. If I am buying a car like this I want a thrilling experience. I think I would get more of that with the power of the Z06 that I can sometimes use vs. the handling of the Cayman which I will hardly be able to use on the street.
IMO, the Cayman's total performance envelope is much more usable on the street. The power and handling strike a great balance and you can have plenty of fun w/o driving TOO irresponsibly on public streets.

I've only ridden in, not driven, a C6 Z06, but it was an exciting ride. I've driven plenty of C6 Z51's, and while they offer great performance, they just feel numb, esp. the streering. The '08+ models are improved, but still not up to German standards. Plus the CS interior just feels a lot more special.

I loved my Cayman S, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. The C6 (any variant) is a great car, but I would only consider an '08+ for the improved steering/shifter feel.

The Cayman was a pleasure to drive at any speed, as the feedback through the steering wheel is awesome, and the other controls felt great as well. I've heard from more than one Vette owner that they're a bit dull @ normal speeds, and you really have to drive 'em hard to make them come alive.

PS I'll take my modded NC Miata over a Vette. It's one of the funnest, if not fastest, cars I've ever driven...right up there w/ the CS, if not even more fun.
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote