View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

However, they have also made poor decisions as well. This year they made a big to do about the release of a new entry level bike. Did they make a completely new cool bike design? No. Did they make a touring bike off the vrod platform (done very well via non-hd aftermarket)? Nope! Instead a (while very nice) stripped down softail. Mega fail in many eyes.
I'm still waiting for them to start shifting production towards the VROD engines and ditching their traditional Vtwin. Its something they will have to do eventually (maybe a long time from now), and the platform is a good platform with more potential than they give it credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

They are the american cult bike and I don't think they'll ever go out of biz. They just need to keep adjusting and get in the front of technology.
I agree, but I do see them making bad design choices and loosing much more of the market than they need to, especially to the japanese cruisers who are managing to sell the same style and lifestyle ideas while doing it at 1/2 the price (see honda fury). Also if they loose too much money and need to cut too much costs, eventually it will effect their quality, and we will see a re-do of the AMF years