View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Most Memorable Ride

Quote:
In Sep 2008 I rode from Fargo to Tenn. via My brothers in Omaha, Eureka springs AR, and Ft Walton Beach FL. I met four members and long time e-friends along the way... but the most memorable part was from Tenn to Indy.

There were five of us... Katherine, Rae, Fatburg, Trip, and myself. we were headed from Trip's place just south of Knoxville, Tenn. and headed up to Indianapolis via any twisty road we could find.

Trip lead for a while... but then a couple wrong turns and Fatburg took over with mr. Garmin providing the route.

I saw a midget fly, Trip slide through a grass corner, what a gas crisis in KY looks like, Katherine hitting my kill switch as the light turned green... twice, Trip's blinker for 35 miles then shut it off and a sudden turn 2 min later, Rae do Yoga at 55mph, Trip almost touch the supports of a bridge as we rode across, Katherine and Ryan do the rain dance... after the rain had started, Trip try to ass pack Fatburg, and a 8hr ride turned into 12+hrs.

it was by far the greatest ride of my short riding life thus far. but that's to be expected when you're riding with good friends and on a good route.

I'm tempted to try that route again with a crew of friends... but I don't think it'll ever live up to that trip.

honestly... I don't think I'd want it to.

so what's yours?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote