View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #132
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I must've missed the part about the gravel... certainly doesn't take much of that to ruin your whole day. As far as bragging v. experience, I guess it's just personality differences. I know a lot of experienced riders, and none of them started a conversation about their crash with "my limits are higher than most". As someone that knows neither you personally nor your riding abilities, I thought it cames across as unnecessary and just wanted to point it out to you.

I wasn't implying tires can't cause wrecks, but unless you lived a half mile down the road from the crash (doesn't appear to be anything for miles in either direction), it seems a pretty odd place for a "cold tire" incident. Seems you should have been riding at a good clip for a while at that point, that's all. One of the most aggravating crashes I had in '09 was a low-side at VIR because I just couldn't figure out WTF I did wrong. Like you, I just wanted to understand why. The only conclusion I could come to was I must have put too much weight on the clip-ons during that lap. It was toward the end of the 2nd day riding there, each day over 105 degrees. It took me weeks of over-analyzing everything about it to draw that conclusion, so I understand where you're coming from.

Good luck with it, and I hope you find a way to continue enjoying your bike.
Oh, I hear ya. My bad.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote