Thread: Problem.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R
Default Problem.

Alright. I've gone to the Buell forums with this...and haven't come up with a solution yet. So I'll throw it out to you guys for a fresh set of ideas.

I'm having a problem with the Buell. Spare me your shitty comments about the manufacturer.

As I stated...last week I got the bike out of winter storage and rode to work two days in a row. The bike fired right up after sitting since November 3rd. It ran great, no issues what so ever. That was Wednesday and Thursday of last week.

Bike sits for two days. It's now Sunday. I get the bike out...hit the starter...it fires and immediately dies. I figure maybe I just didn't hold the starter button long enough. Repeated attempts to re-start fail. It fires and immediately dies. I tried feathering the throttle as I start it. Dies.

So...I replaced the plugs. Still does the same thing. Battery is fully charged. Same thing. Plenty of gas in it...I verified. The tank was filled on November 3rd...with Sta-bil. So it shouldn't be bad.

About the only other thing I can do is drain the fuel...which is not necesarrily easy and put in fresh gas. Then maybe replace the plug wires. After that I'm out of ideas.

Anybody?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote