View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I carry a really small progressive insurance 50 state map in my saddle bag. But then I also carry a larger hog membership north america map. It is really sweet, has decent detail and lists every HD & buell dealership in north america. Tommymac saw this last weekend. Free as part of my hog membership.

You get that when you join the BMWOA (BMW owners Association...same as HOG) along with a huge "telephone book" with the names and numbers of all the willing members who want to help. And it depends on what KIND of help, as to the level of detail given. You get a little tent symbol next to your name if you're willing to host a member overnight (hotel) or a wrench if you're just willing to help a broken down bike...etc

Pretty neat.

When you buy the BMW GPS (which is a Garmin Zumo) it comes pre-programed with the location of every BMW dealer in the US as well.

With the price of regular japanese cruisers and sportbikes now creaping closer to $20k the "COST of ownership" associated with the BMW and Harleys starts looking more appealing. Especially with networking tools these.