View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #25
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
You get that when you join the BMWOA (BMW owners Association...same as HOG) along with a huge "telephone book" with the names and numbers of all the willing members who want to help. And it depends on what KIND of help, as to the level of detail given. You get a little tent symbol next to your name if you're willing to host a member overnight (hotel) or a wrench if you're just willing to help a broken down bike...etc

Pretty neat.

When you buy the BMW GPS (which is a Garmin Zumo) it comes pre-programed with the location of every BMW dealer in the US as well.

With the price of regular japanese cruisers and sportbikes now creaping closer to $20k the "COST of ownership" associated with the BMW and Harleys starts looking more appealing. Especially with networking tools these.
Your absolutely correct Caster. People will figure out that the cost of the premium bikes like BMW & HD are at a higher mark for a reason.

And I have been told about the BMW owners group name list. Pretty cool I think. HOG doesn't do that but I don't think finding HD owners and dealership is hard either.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote