Thread: Laconia
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #13
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Interesting, I didn't know they linked up with the LRRS (Loudon road race series). I was considering heading up for that anyways, maybe I'll check it out.

Irregardless, I still hate hearing every year about someone dying... IIt 'm sure it will happen again...

Yeah that is the hard part for those of us who live here. It gives those of us who ride responsibly such a bad name. Last year there were a total of 7 deaths. One was simply unavoidable. A couple from Canada had stopped at a rest area along one of the scenic highways were pulling out at low speed when a branch from a tree broke loose and fell. The husband was able to duck but the branch hit the woman in the face and helmet killing her. The other 6 were simply the result of what we locally refer to as "Flatlanders" A group of 7 heavy Cruisers Most helmet-less riding in a pack west on Route 9 when on of the them crossed the double line on a blind corner hitting a a SUV who locked up the brakes spun sideways and went thru the rest of the pack like a bowling ball thru pins resulting in 6 dead.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote