View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Man, there is a lot to learn about this and a lot of choices I need to make. I think I am definitely going to go for a computer setup first over a modded xbox. Probably will run Hyperspin. Just cause it provides for a lot more customization you can't do with xbox. Thinking about doing an LCD monitor over trying to find a classic CRT. OSP, the problem you are running into with emulators for arcade games is going to be mostly monitor and choice of emulators. You need a good arcade monitor/controller setup for arcade games to look right if you do a comp setup.

Want to go compie, because I am going to run LEDwiz for my buttons. I am going to use RGB buttons that will light up the color I want. So the buttons you are using for each game will light up the buttons you use and will light up the color I want them to light up. That will be pretty bad ass.

Still can't find a cabinet I want. I really like the 37" LCD cabinets on ebay, but I can't find a plan for them. I sent them asking if they would sell me the plan or maybe even a kit. I don't think I am capable of the woodworking part, but I have a friend who can if need be...

Got the most important part of this out of the way, I have a place to put the cabinet now.
I wouldn't even consider a CRT, fuck that... LCD monitor all the way...

The thing about comps and all that... the Xbox just worked right out of the box for me... and worked damn well with all games, emulators, etc. I've fucked around with controllers and emulators in the past with PC, but it was never quite as seemless as with the Xbox.

Also, you can hack Xbox controllers to work with those arcade buttons... not sure it would work with the light-up scheme you're considering, but I never thought of that... I was just going for an easy build...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote