View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Really though, I thought that the concourse 14 was a competitor to those bikes? I don't really see a niche for a liter bike in the sport touring category. Yes a big sport tourer is nccessary in the lineup, but the concourse really fills that gap. What part of the market will it really fill?Maybe it's me but I just dont see where it fits into the larger puzzle
For people who want a bit more tour than the Z can offer, but want more sport than a.Concours or FJR, is my guess.

Not having ridden the new ninja yet, but just going by what they have said, it's very close in performance to the Z1000. A friend of mine has an FJR and he demo'd a Z1000 at bike week and said there is no comparison performance-wise between the two. The Z is just a superior bike. However, as a sport tourer, it did need some improvement. The ninja has those improvements. More wind protection, more comfortable egos, a bigger tank and is more passenger friendly.

My friend with the FJR is replacing it with the new ninja as soon as they are available.
acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote