View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #39
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
This frustrates the hell out of me. I remember having month-long duke-outs here and on CF. Sometimes it took that long just to understand what the other people were saying. When I try to participate in any sort of conversation on Facebook, if it lasts for more than a day everyone forgets it ever existed.
I had a brief exchange with an anti-vaccer "researcher", on Facebook, that would have turned into an epic smack-down thread on any message board. He was pointing to things like a measles outbreak in Quebec. in which 100% of the infected people were fully vaccinated, as part of his evidence.

I pointed out that when you have a 100% rate of vaccination in a population and vaccination is roughly 95% effective at blocking measles, then of course you're going to have 100% of your infected people be vaccinated prior to infection.

He let the exchange drop, for obvious reasons, but a message board would have carried on the conversation without him. That sort of two way discussion, involving multiple people, is a useful tool.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote