View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Wow, sure I guess I could do that.

As far as technical aspects of the CBARRR for the gap. I typically ran 2nd - 4th. 2nd for pretty much all the more technical corners, 3rd for the speed corners and short straights, and 4th was only for the end of the long straights. I am sad to say I ran the race line in my lane more often than not. As far as riding it hard, that should be pretty easy for you to relate to, since you ride a sportbike. It's light, twitchy and fast. That brings up the emotional aspects of it for me. The CBARRR was bred for speed. It was only happy going fast. I could only ride it that way and have a good time. It was not a fun bike to ride slow. It was downright boring. I had to find other ways to entertain myself if I was riding it slow. Basically if I wasn't riding it balls to the wall up there, I was bored out of my mind. So the fun on it for me was the challenge of speed.

That's exactly how I felt about the RR... cept I'm nowhere near the rider Trip is...

I felt like I was abusing the bike down here... but what's funny... is the roads I found boring on the RR... or wasn't willing to go down (cause of badly broken pavement) are a fuck'n blast on the DRZ... even better... I can jump on the dirt roads and single track...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote