Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #1880
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Being a bit obsessive compulsive , I kept noticing that I had AR pistols in 2 of my 3 favorite calibers so here is the solution.

I have a particular weakness for 7.62x39 ARs. So this makes 3rd AR in 7.62x39 (two YHM Carbines) and My 3rd AR Pistol. (an 11.5 in 5.56 and a 8 inch in .300 Blk) So early last week I was looking for a 8 inch 7.62x39 barrel , When I stumbled across Alpha Shooting Sports, where they had a complete with BCG 8 inch Upper with their 9 inch Rail and their flash can. (both appear to be an "Homage" Noveske) on sale for $479 It looked good on the web , but everything can be made to look good on a computer screen. So I did some reading , and the company appeared to review well and on Friday afternoon after the eagle flew I ordered the Upper. With shipping from CA to NH in came to $501 door to door.
I placed the Order in the afternoon of Friday October 24th and it Arrived on the Morning of Wednesday October 29th. ( Not naming names I hope that some of the other companies I deal with take note!) I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I un-boxed it. The fit and Finish is VERY good on Par with my rifles from YHM and S&W (it is so nice in fact that I feel a little guilty about putting it on the budget lower I built for it.) No tool marks everything aligns properly and frankly I love this forearm. Now as far as reviewing goes I have to stop here because as i write it is Thursday October 30th and I wont be able to shoot it and will post up when I do. However Product quality to date has me thinking that If I am looking for a rail or an upper I one of the first places I am going to look is Alpha Shooting Sports.
The other pleasant surprise was the SBX Brace. You see I live in the Southwest Corner of NH and I have a buddy who trains over at the Sig academy so when he is headed over I ask him to stop into the pro shop. I asked him to grab me a brace and instead of the SB15 he brought back the SBX My two other Pistols have the SB15 and when I first saw the SBX I worried that it wouldn't be sturdy enough. I was wrong it is very sturdy and noticeably lighter as well. They have also Capped the end so that it can not travel forward on the tube.
As you can see it lend a different look to the overall build as well. Also at the moment it is wearing my test Mule of a SIght a first Gen Vortex Sparc , and I have a hunch that may change soon. but I am excited to get this out and make it go boom!