View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
just looking ahead-havent had any issues yet, handling wise. dont wana fight the bike to go straight tho

tranny is backcut, billet gears, clutch is strong, wont break anything
Nobody cares about my 2 cents but...PM used to sell wheels without cush drive. I've seen a few people use them and break chains,sprockets(especially alum ones),crack rims,rotate the tire on the rim. Btw if you have the stock front sprocket it may also incorporate a "cushion" as well. A track only bike takes off hard once a day,two or three times a week(hopefully). A street bike takes off from stop dozens of times a day, 7 days a week(again,hopefully). Plus,you will introduce more vibration into your life as well. If you are having trouble lining op your rim or it "changes" on you,you may have other issues like the wrong spacer(s) or a missing spacer. No offense,I've seen experienced shops/riders do it. Heck,a buddy of mine whose Grandpa owns Villiage Motorsports back in Mi and who now is the general manager. Showed up at my house to go riding. He had new tires so I was looking at them and noticed his sprocket nuts were cutting into his swingarm because they had forgotten a spacer. I've seen spacers flip/flopped and the spacer behind the sprocket carrier go missing. Regardless of your problem,I doubt the cush drive is at fault. If you're serious,3/8 ss bolts,nylock nuts,spot weld end thread or drill and safety wire. Be precise for balance. Set carrier to "front" of rim so it starts at the leading edge. Good luck.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote