Thread: First Mods
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
I'm in, I'm in,I'm in,I'm in,I'm in, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!
Took the bike out for a spin!!! Little nippy, but with the latest rain the roads were clear enough. Grip heaters work great! Except for the fingers covering brake and clutch... Love the new bars. Turns in without thinking about it, I can tuck easier, and I don't feel silly with my elbows bent a ridiculous amount. More weight on my wrists than I'm used to, but I can deal with that.

Just starting to regain feeling in the bottom of my toes... Something about the cold, peg vibes and tight boots... I rode about 15-20 miles down to a local dealer without planning to. They were just closing, pulling in the bikes and quads. Said "go ahead and look, we have lots to do." One time the guy came in and asked "When can I order you a new rear tire?" I had to go out and look- thought it had 500-1000 miles left. Nope. Down to the center wear bars. Got a quote on Pilot Road 2s- $408 mounted and balanced for 120/70 and 160/60 17s. Just found them for $294.95 on STG. I think they said $25 a wheel off the bike... hmmm... $50 difference... Might chalk it up to supporting a local shop and order locally.

Have to do more research before I decide on exactly which tires I want, and I have time with the snow we're supposed to get this weekend. Other than sportbiketrackgear, what's a good online tire shop?