View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Its not just cosmetic. By doing this it ensures that your tires are ALWAYS balenced. By doing it the other way even if done correctly is only balanced from that point when its brand new. The beads will adjust every second the entire time they are in there.

Forget the cosmetic, forget the tire life extension... it makes the bike ride better.

For example... my 9R use to shake pretty good at 150mph. But maybe that was just the tires.

Plus these beads are cheaper than balancing. Truely if you wanted to... you could then change your own tires and then throw these in and you're done.

Further, you track guys... no more taping over your stock stick on or crimp on weights. Cause they aren't there!!
did the beads smooth out the 9r? my bike is pretty smooth at 150-loud, but smooth-but they are balanced. im never changing a tire myself, its not cost effective(for me) dont have the tools or the patience. rather spend 25bucks and let some1 else change and balance em-but if it makes the bike ride better, ill try em...do they work on inner tube tires as well? assuming your tires were balanced in the first place, at what speed do u really start to notice the difference the beads make, since u just installed em?

based on ebbs post, i think they'd be great on a motorcycle drag slick-thats the only tire id bother mounting myself i think.