View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Holy insurance hell batman

I was at my local dealer the other day, I had seen that suzuki was having 0 percent finance, and went to check out a few other bikes including the new ninja 650 and vfr1200. I went over to sit on a ninja 1000 and a salesperson asked if I was interested, I told her if the insurance wasn't categorized wrong as a zx-10 and a superbike, I might consider it. I told her I did a quick online quote with progressive, my last insurer for the 500, and it came back at a staggering $6700 a year. She asked me if I'd ever done a insurance search with a company before and offered to do one. I played along and gave my information, about to be 24, single, 1 speeding violation. Insurance just call me back today with a couple quotes, and they found a "favorable" quote with Dairyland at $3308 a year. Thats like $250, $100 more than the bike payment would be. She told me 3 other companies came back at $10k, $11k, and $12k a year! THATS THE FUCKING COST OF THE BIKE!

Shame on Kawasaki for allowing the bike to be categorized as a superbike, when its really a faired Z1000, which has insurance 1/3 of the cost. This is a known problem all over the interwebz and Kawi is screwing themselves out of bike sales. Why not just get the Zx-10 then???
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote