View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Thanks for that write up man. I was actually thinking about this today when I was out for a ride with the wife. I notice that ebbs mentioned a mount that goes in the steering head nut. This is exactly what I was thinking about building. It would be fairly simple do make such an item with nothing much more than a long bolt, washers, Nyloc nut and a peice of rubber that will fit into the steering head. It would be a compression fitting of sorts. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I also worry that I would have lots of glare on the screen from this type of setup. ???
yeah what mine was was just a long bolt with a piece of rubber and a pice of plastic that had teeth on it... when you tightened the bolt... it pulled the plastic into the rubber... the teeth kept it from not turning (the bolt was counter sunk into the plastic so it wouldn't turn) and the rubber expanded with every twist.

however... the one thing i didn't like about it... was the mount still spun... you couldn't pull it out... but no matter how much you twisted it... the mount still spun... so if you mounted the gps just so... over time it'd creep down to another angle...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote