Thread: Fun Season
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
zortness
Contagious Track Addict

Moto: Too many bikes
Default Fun Season

Well, I figured I'd toss out an update. The last WERA West race was a couple weekends ago now, and my brain's finally catching up as I try and set up sponsors and whatnot for next year. I competed in 4 classes this year: C (600cc) Superstock, C Superbike, B (750cc) Superstock and B Superbike, all novice classes. This year, I took my training more seriously, and it showed in my results. Only in the first race weekend did I finish outside of the top 5. All season long I battled with a few guys from Vegas, Stephen Poppoff and John Slee. Anyway, to make a short story long, I ended up taking both of the B championships last weekend, beating Stephen by only a few points, plus taking 3rd in C Superbike and 6th in C Superstock. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my results, and all it took were countless hours of training, track days, and more of my money than I care to count. And next year, it's going to be exponentially harder as I race with the experts and people who actually get paid to do this. Now, as I get back to my hunt for reducing my costs, I leave you with this cool photoshopped pic that one of the locals took from the last races.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kurt_champ.jpg (43.7 KB, 69 views)
zortness is offline   Reply With Quote