View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
No exam that I know of. I'm a photog. I dont know what kind of test I can take to prove that... Thats why I have a demo tape. My pay now sucks. And I work weekends. And holidays. And I never see my wife. While not nearly as exciting...the state gig would be ALOT more money, 9-5 Monday through Friday and holidays off. Not to mention the state beni's.

That being said...I'd rather stay where I'm at...if I was monday through friday.
Here, from what I understand, a civil service exam of some sort is required in order to be considered for any state employment.

As much as I loved my old job, the pay wasn't exactly the best but the benefits were good. I had considered in the past applying at their competitor's because the pay was a little better, although I don't know much about their benefits. I just put in an online app (the only way you can apply for the job) so hopefully I'll hear something back from them. I mean, how many licensed operators could there be in this town trying to get the position? The old job trained you. This one wants someone who's already been trained and licensed. Hell, I had been in the security industry for a few years before I knew about the trainining and licesning. Not to mention that there was actually a monitoring center or two in town. Imagine my surprise!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote