View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Here, from what I understand, a civil service exam of some sort is required in order to be considered for any state employment.

As much as I loved my old job, the pay wasn't exactly the best but the benefits were good. I had considered in the past applying at their competitor's because the pay was a little better, although I don't know much about their benefits. I just put in an online app (the only way you can apply for the job) so hopefully I'll hear something back from them. I mean, how many licensed operators could there be in this town trying to get the position? The old job trained you. This one wants someone who's already been trained and licensed. Hell, I had been in the security industry for a few years before I knew about the trainining and licesning. Not to mention that there was actually a monitoring center or two in town. Imagine my surprise!
The problem here is I really like my job. But the industry is changing. Everything is changing. I've never wanted to do this forever...but I'm not ready to leave yet. But at the same time...I need to pay the bills. At the time of the lay offs...anyone who didnt lose their job took a 4% pay cut...along with no OT...I'm down almost 15% of what I made last year.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote