View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The problem here is I really like my job. But the industry is changing. Everything is changing. I've never wanted to do this forever...but I'm not ready to leave yet. But at the same time...I need to pay the bills. At the time of the lay offs...anyone who didnt lose their job took a 4% pay cut...along with no OT...I'm down almost 15% of what I made last year.
I got into this industry by accident, in a sense, and I've grown to love it. There's so much more to it that I want to learn! So if possible, I'll continue in this field. And the plus is, as long as there's thieves, fires, and mandated fire codes, there's always a possibility for a job in it. It's almost one of those "who you know" type jobs as they typically hire from the inside. It's hard for someone to start in this field, be it as an installer or an operator, without knowing someone.

That sucks about your pay cut. And it's sad to see how many people are getting laid off lately. Knowing that makes job hunting even more nerve wracking.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote