View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #34
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
No Worries... In the motorcycling Colorado book I just sent off to the publisher I call to attention the horrible, unrestrained practice CDOT and County Road & Bridge departments have with the dumping of sand on roads. I also call out annual county habits of pouring dirt on road shoulders which makes the corners filthy from cars cutting the corners... right where we don't want the slippery grit. Safer alternatives are suggested as well.
Congrats on finishing and getting your book published. I'm looking forward to buying a copy.

That's interesting you mention the sand, and Road and Bridge dept. I rode Lookout Mt. on Wednesday and the road was covered with sand. I never saw it so bad. Even the cage drivers at Buffalo Bills were pissed. I called up Jefferson County Road and Bridge at Lookout and complained. The guy was a motorcyclist, but said he had to sand for the cars. I then called up their main office at Golden Gate. They said they didn't have to, but they liked to sweep up the sand by three days after a storm to reduce the brown cloud. I rode Lookout yesterday and it actually had been swept. Why don't you run for public office? We could use some motorcyclist lawmakers.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote