View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You would be surprised on how much GM/Ford and Chyrsler shell out for warranty repairs that should not be actual warranty (customer abuse or neglect). Ford is def. tackling quality issues, but I'm sure that they are now scrutinizing what is being covered and what should not.

The Japanese always have done this because their distributor bonuses are dependant on how much warranty dollars per vehicle they save. The Japanese motorcycling industry is a prime example of this (everything gets denied first unless its an obvious) as most have seen here with dealing with dealers. I think this has alot to do with why Japanese automakers tend to have lower warranty costs instead of just paying for anything that happens in the field.
I wouldnt be surprised honestly. I would honestly like to see how many warranty repairs are being made by each company this year vs the previous year or the year before and a breakdown of that number into what kind of repairs are made. Thats simply the curiousity in me speaking, my analytical side that studies this sort of thing could care less really.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote