View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

YAY for mountain roads.

We found a lava field:

Just to give some perspective, this is Megan sitting on one of the rocks:

Cool Johnny-5 look of the GS with the look-out castle in the background.

Other direction:

The whole gang at one of our stops.

This is why a GS makes sense.

We found a dam - it made for a fun little stop:

Again, more huge trees:

We stumbled upon a covered bridge:

Megan on the R1200R

Something you don't want to see when you don't know the area, are in a dead zone, and mountain roads that go forever between gas stations. Yes, that is an estimated 12 miles left on the tank of gas.... made it to the station with 4 "left"

I ended that day with a rocket-ship ride to Bend, OR to meet up with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen since I was 16 - and Megan had a friend drive over from Portland. We were running behind, so we split from the rest of the crew and made our way to Bend. On that trip, we had to verify our turn. I pulled up next to this car - and when the windows went down I was taken back to what I saw inside.

These little kids were the dirtiest I have ever seen in my life. And, the meth-head dad with his Cuuuurrs can in the cup-holder, well - just wow. The little girls were SO excited to see bikes - then saw that it was two women on bikes and they could hardly contain their excitement. Their condition in life broke my heart.

We flew back on Monday - through the rockin' airport that Redmond OR is. A-F gates... and walk to the plane.

All in all - 1718 miles total for the entire trip. I'm still feeling it a bit, and not very enchanted with the idea of getting on a motorcycle anytime soon. In fact, I think I'm taking the car to bike night tonight

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote