View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #68
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I find it very disturbing when we think alike... I just posted this on the TL site earlier today...Originally Posted by OneSickPsych View Post
Here's the problem with that 'argument'... Only stupid people argue that you are safer without a helmet in ANY way... However, the problem with helmet laws is that they are unnecessary... just like seatbelt laws... they are meant to protect people who are too stupid to protect themselves...
We don't give motorcycle licenses to children or the mentally handicapped, and yet many riders choose to act like one (or both...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Our government was NOT created to be our mommy... It was created with the sole intent on protecting our way of life against foreign governments and our ability to live the American ideal without someone else punching us in the face with their ideals... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

These laws violate liberty in it's sincerest form and frankly fucking disgust me. Laws like these are EXACTLY what the founding fathers were fighting against and EXACTLY why people first settled here in the first place... The idea that someone else knows what's best for you and forces, via law or military conflict, you to conform.
Yeah, like Stop signs. Who do these people think they are, telling ME where to stop?

You talk a lot about liberty, which is fine, but what you don't talk (or, apparently, think) about, is how your stupid decisions effect others.

"My head, my problem", is bullshit. It's going to be someone's problem, besides yours.

Some poor schmuck is going to have to clean your brains off the pavement. I've never had to do that, but I'm guessing it's a pretty fucked up job to have. Another guy is going to have drive out to your place, and tell your wife/kids/mom that you're stupid ass is dead. Also unpleasant.

If you're inconsiderate enough to die on the spot, instead of waiting until you get the hospital, guess what happens? They close the road for a few hours, while the investigation is done. Die on the freeway, they close the freeway. Now hundreds, if not thousands of people have lost their liberty to proceed, all because you decided to be French that day.

Seems just a tad selfish to me.

JC