View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #27
miztress6
Street Stunter

Twice ...

The first one a constant struggle in my head.

Could I have hit the throttle harder bumped over to the middle lane in front of the car next to me to avoid the cruiser coming out of the median at me?

Should I have had better braking skills? Would I have had a enough room to come to a stop without planting on the hood?

Would he have backed up had a I not pulled a street luge?

I chose to grab a handful of brake as a police cruiser came out of a median break. 3 lanes of traffic on the opposite side 3 lanes on my side. I'm in the left lane an my gf about 2 -3 car lengths ahead of me. She shifted to the right side of the left land and hit the throttle. I saw the car closing in and I grabbed the brakes not to hard but as I closed in on the car I hit the rear harder. I felt the rear end start to come out and I closed my eyes and let go. As I hit the pavement I picked up my head and tucked my hands and feet as I heard my helmet skidding. I looked down the street in front of me and the cruiser was backing back into the center of the median. I stood up and chased my bike down the street.

I managed to make it to my bike the officer and his "ride along" helped block traffic for us to get our bikes to a parking lot and told us they had to answer a shots fired call and left me. No accident report. No call to the supervisor to send another squad.

I broke a critical rule I knew nothing about. After the crash if you are sliding and you think you have stopped count to at least 30 before you stand up. My knee is still suspect I tore my meniscus.

I also bit it in deals gap less than 3 weeks later wearing a knee brace riding way above my skill level. I came into a corner too hot in the rain and hit the paint. Chose the side rather than going over and dislocated my shoulder...(hey I rode down the mountain in the rain lol)

In my head I will always be a beginner. There are times I still catch my breath and hold. I ride with great people who are very understanding and they just wait at the turns while I take my time. I can't say enough for placing yourself in this type of support group...or living in FL its easier to ride straight and flat with no elevation change

Don't even ask about me flipping my quad off the mountain

Last edited by miztress6; 10-11-2010 at 08:57 PM..
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote