View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Dude I have a modular Nolan. It rocks!

And that thing is TITS. Although, that looks a bit complicated to deal with when you're riding down the rode.

Also, if it matters, no modular will meet a SNELL rating cause they test it with the modular flipped open.

I know I bought my Nolan for an interm between rocket & cruiser. But then once I got use to the open face of a half helmet... I never went back. There is so much connection with the ride without the bubble over your head and face.

So I know most of you won't wear a halfy. But what I'm telling you is you'll love the modular.
True... but the shark helmets do meet the Euro Standard...

not to get in a big debate about what certification is better... but Snell tests the helmets ONCE. then it's the requirement of the manufacture to test their own and be on the Honor System about if it met the requirements or not.

ECE-2205 tests the helmets each year... and has 4 impact point tests... not 1 like snell.

I know Drag tracks won't let you on with out a Snell helmet though... but a modular helmet isn't what I'd think you'd be looking for if your drag racing
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote