View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
It's a little insane, but crashing is the biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever have a motorcycle. I know my first Turn 1 get-off at JGP was pretty benign, busted a footpeg and rearset bracket, that's it, but it was about a 115mph lowside. I didn't exactly enjoy it, but there was definitely a rush from pushing right to the edge, sometimes you stretch the envelope, sometimes you don't.
Funny how the big ones sometimes are the easiest... I think it will be harder for me to get on a bike MONTHS after my little mini-bike incident than it was for me to hop on and ride 20 minutes after eating shit at 75MPH... Of course, the shattered kneecap helps...

That being said... I'm damn lucky everything happened the way it did. If I had crashed hard at 15MPH, I certainly wouldn't have learned my lesson... I thought I learned my lesson at 75MPH... Only I guess stupid didn't hurt enough then...

After tasting pavement at a higher rate of speed... I respected the road and most of it's variables... After annihilating my kneecap at low speed... I respected the first thing I should have been respecting the whole time... the fucking machine itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Uhh.. the grammatically correct term is.... stuck.
I think stickied is appropriate given the circumstances...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote