Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #517
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Semi-bad day at the range. FYI. All firearms were dirty and the PT640 pro is still breaking in.

2/3 through a box of .45 and my 1911's pin starts to stick. I just crammed it back down and oiled it real good. No problems after. The PT640 Pro was not liking the Herter's ammo at all. It would fire 2-4 shots then jam. It shot the Tulammo with NO problems at all and these Herter's are stamped Tulammo on the bottom. Looking at the round, I'm wondering if the bullets are sticking out too much. If someone doesnt mind putting a caliper to their .40 ammo and posting the length so I can compare. I never did take apart the mags and clean them. Just wiped them down. I also still havent left them full for a few days to let the springs settle. So.......

The 5906 was dirty from the get go (damn police dont clean before selling), but it shot the Monarch steel rounds with no problems at all. It's funny how it seems like all steel pistols will shoot anything but a polymer pistol gets all pissy at times. From what I can tell the dirty 5906 is a straight shooter. Now I just need to find a replacement left safety knob since mine is missing it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote