Thread: I want it
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #38
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I may change out the heritage for flhx. I test drove one the other day and really liked it.
I swapped out the Road King for a Street Glide in June. Smitten with the thing. The '09 chassis improvements are striking. As Gas Man noted, the SG is kinda like a sporting E-Glide. Go short, go far, the bike delivers a grin on both kinds of journeys. And what a comfortable thing. A 300 mile ride feels like a 30 mile scoot (Especially with a middle-aged man back rest. Ha!).

As for the $price, yeah it tends to cost more. Someday when it is inevitably sold, it will also sell for more than the cheaper alternatives. There's two sides to the $ownership. The H-D also offers ABS, six speed trannies, Brembo braking, throttle by wire, slipper clutches (V-Rod), etc. The list is short of the metric cruising competition offering just a portion of the same. The Milwaukee bike has probably been the most reliable two wheeled thang I've had in the barn over the years.

From last week. A red denim matte finish to ride hard and not be prissy about.

Those clouds in the distance soon turned very moody and dark. Took this pic, made an about face, gunned the bike and watched my mirrors as the storm gave pursuit. It dropped a rare mountain tornado moments later behind me that tore through some nearby pines off to the right.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote