View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #89
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Wow. this thread has REALLY kept going.

I gotta say, I am in agreement with both sides. I do think that PB's have a bad rap, but also for a good reason in most cases. Poor owners are to blame for many of the actions dogs take, simply because the owner isnt "Alpha", hasnt learned the warning signs, or failed to nip things in the bud before they became an issue.

At one time I had 6 dogs, Shepard, Collie, Lab Mix, Jack Russell and 2 Papillons. My Jack was by far the most aggressive, but would never harm a person, but my shepard would eat you alive if you appeared to threaten me or the home, but at a single command from me she would heel and refrain from doing anything. I was the alpha member of the pack and every one of my dogs knew it. I rarely had to discipline or punish, my voice was more than enough to keep them in line. But I spent extensive time training them.

Now, 16 yr old "Bobby" with the beautiful red pit and her fancy spiked collar who is alternately yelled at, then petted and praised and always confused about her status, well, who can blame her for her poor training when she hasnt even learned acceptable behavior. Or the idiots who think its "cute" to sic their dogs on other animals or toys that resemble babies, puppies, kittens, etc.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote