View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #82
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
The freedom to move about the country actually is a right, IIRC.

Of course, it would require a very big lawsuit, and the highest court in the land, in order to settle exactly what that means, precisely, and define how that affects motor travel, in particular...but one might argue that this IS the travel method of today, and that any restrictions on that might be, in fact, just cause for such a nice legal battle in the highest court.

In addition, the highest court is now stacked with conservatives, who, while they may posture, and talk about big government, and wave flags, and shit, are in fact quietly chipping away at the Constitution, and personal rights as if on a mission to destroy all...so how that battle might play out, is anyone's guess.
True on all counts. You'd have to do away with state licensing requirements and such (yeah, right) in order to really make any changes stick though.

My point was, however, that in the current environment, operation of a motor vehicle on public highways is not a right.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 07-06-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote