View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #1
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)
Default The Great R6 (re)Build

So as many of you know the bike was wrecked at a track day in June and I've decided to keep it and put it back together for double duty: street and track. GMD Computrack measured the bike up and it was surprisingly straight... so all cosmetic pretty much besides a radiator and a couple other little things.

Well, after some arguing with insurance, I was able to keep the bike clean-titled (aka not totaled or salvaged or any of that hassle), and I have been paid the full repair estimate amount as well as paid for a replacement helmet.

This allows me to get enough parts to have two full sets of gear for the bike: a full set of street plastics and lights and such that will stay in mint condition, and a set of track bodywork. Also, I'll be putting on lots of goodies for crash-worthiness, ergonomics, and performance.

The following things have been or are soon to be ordered / acquired / received:

ArmourBodies (woodcraft) track plastics
Woodcraft GP shift rearsets with both pedals, rear brake switch, and some spare parts
Woodcraft Case covers left and right and a couple spare skidplates
Woodcraft frame sliders and spare pucks
Woodcraft spool sliders
Also grabbed some klucky pucks and a tshirt
(basically the bike now has everything woodcraft makes for it)
BMC Race Air Filter
Akrapovic full race exhaust with CF can
PCIII
New stock radiator (might patch current and keep as a spare)
CRG clutch lever (pazzo on there is damaged and will remain as a spare)
Full set of black Dzus fasteners
Another set of tank sliders

Also on the way is a full set of oem raven bodywork in mint condition, along with gas tank and headlights and various other parts (got a great deal) (current gas tank will be freshened up and kept as a spare)

Gloves are at Held getting a mild freshening-up
Suit is getting repaired as well
Paint will be done on the track bodywork in a couple weeks
PCIII will be tuned after all the work is done and parts installed

There's other things I'm getting and need to get that I've forgotten, but that's the gist of it.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote