View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
Sounds like that is all working out for you!
Mmmhmm

That was actually something I typed up yesterday and am about to post today's progress

So today I picked up the bike and all the parts that had shown up. All the woodcraft goodies except a couple things but including the bodywork were there. The exhaust and pcIII aren't here yet

I brought it home and gave it a quick rinse and dry to figure out what was turn6 dirt and what was damage. It really isn't bad now that all the plastics are off.

A couple of the plastics are actually still alright so I will probably sell those or keep them as spares.

I didn't have much time (after getting the bike, then a family party, then a nice nap), so what I did today was mostly organizational and cleaning, and also since I'm still waiting for a couple parts.

Here's a few photos:

Cleaned her up:

The ArmourBodies plastics are VERY nice. After seeing a set on another bike, the quality is really up there with Sharkskinz but much cheaper. This is not cheap eracings fiberglass... this is really nice shit. Good primer, kevlar weave, nice and light, very strong.

I took off more of the street plastics and started sorting through what's trash, what's worth keeping, what's sellable, etc etc... then I got it all out of the garage and onto shelves in the main basement so I could have room to work. The undertail and one of the side mid fairings and one of the front uppers are pretty mint, those will sell for decent money. The rest I might just sell as one big package to someone who wants trackday street plastics and doesn't want to go the track plastic route.

Next I got out all the stuff that's shown up so far and got it ready for installation:

Then it was late and time to go home for dinner.

Tomorrow I'm going to drain the coolant and the oil, pull the radiator, pull the stock exhaust, pull and drain the gas tank, etc etc... and throw on a couple of the woodcraft goodies. I don't want to put something on and need to take it off though.

After that I'll make a list of everything I need but haven't accounted for or ordered yet, and get that stuff moving. I'm sure there will be a decent-sized order from mrcycles.com for little stock missing parts and stuff that are somewhere in the boonies of the turn6 runoff

This is going to be fun.

Last edited by ceo012384; 06-22-2008 at 02:06 AM..
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote