View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Sorry to threadjack, but what kind of knee pucks do you guys use? I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but figure I will get some pucks just so the suit looks complete. Hopefully I will get my knee down soon and they will actually be used.
Get klucky pucks, i love em, ever so smooth.

2-piece/1-piece battle will go on forever. Suits are going to fail no matter what type they are, I have seen a top of the line dianese seem explode from a 20 mph low side, seen a high speed wreck with a guy in a two piece and slide a good ways on asphalt and not really even a scratch on the suit. If you are racing and constantly pushing it 110% sure I can see the reasoning behind a 1 piece, but for anything else 2-pieces will do that job just as well. I see equipment tested on a weekly basis with my trips to the gap, I have not seen anything to really discourage me from getting a quality 2 piece. I wouldn't go cheap on a suit though, that's just asking for trouble. By cheap I don't mean price, I mean quality. You can get quality without price. Price in this sport usually means the patch that has a name on the suit. Just research what people are recommending.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote