View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Pulled the carb off the engine and gave it a good cleaning. Also went to my storage and got all the extra parts. Going to get some pinesol and let all the carbs soak in it for a day or so.

Going to check to see if the condesor and coil are still good.

I ordered a carb rebuild kit just so I coukd get new gaskets and spare parts. I hope the throttle cable comes in before sunday so I can get too cranking the engine. Once I get the bike in the garage Ill make a walk around vid so you'll know what Im working with. About to head out to the garage and put a multimeter on the coil and condenser.

Got a couple carbs soaking in Pinesol. Pulled the engine and took off the coil w/ condenser. Tested those two but didn't feel as if I was doing it right. Sadly the FSM is more towards the c50. I have a new condenser I can use. I also have a spare OEM main wire harness I'll use. I need to buy some connectors for some of the existing wires. Took off the contact and noticed the two points weren't touching flush so I bent the top half till it did. Hope that makes a better electrical transfer.

The throttle cable came in today. Hope it's the right length unlike the last one I bought.

It's been sitting for awhile but the oil still looks new (I'll flush anyways), the head is still clean inside, and the pistons moves with ease. Going change out some of the crappy phillips/slotted screws with some allen keyed screws. Dang things are so soft. One important thing I have to fix is the teeth on the kicker starter spindle. I'm hoping I can just use my dremel and the new kicker starter will slide right on and hold.

Another nother problem I have is with the new head. The dang set nuts on the rocker arms wont stay tight which makes the set screw vibrate loose which makes the valves not open much. I think I can get some tiny lock washer that'll fit.

I took the top screw out. It's not missing.

The timing advance moves freely.

Used pliers to make the contacts touch evenly now.

Tested the coil and condenser but don't think I did it right. Going to put a new battery in my multimeter. It did shock the **** out of me last time.

The garage smells fresh.

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote