View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Let me give you another word of advice.

Get a cheaper tent to start, until you figure out if you actually like it or not.

I picked up several hundred dollars worth of camping gear in 2005, in preparation for my trip to MotoGP at Laguna Seca and Alaska. I used the camping gear ONCE, on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. One thing the brochure doesn't tell you is this. The ROMANCE of motorcycling camping is nowhere NEAR as good as actually doing it.

I'm fine with camping, but not when I'm on a motorcycle trip. After riding 500-600 miles in a day, I want a cold beer, a hot shower, and a warm bed. Lesson learned. I highly doubt I'll ever camp again on a moto-trip.
See and I really like relaxing next to a nice camp fire a warm beer and a nice quiet evening. It has its plusses and minuses but if you are prepared and do it right its pretty damn comfy.

My week long camping trip to daytona was great, the campground I stayed in had hot showers, fresh breakfast, nice campfire every night and cheap beer on tap. Went out riding all day then relaxed at the campground each night on a nice comfy air mattress in my down sleeping bag..